Thursday, April 28, 2011

Headsville.



I prefer living inside my head. No, really.

WHY CAN'T FILMY SCENES OCCUR MORE THAN LESS OFTEN IN MY LIFE? :@

I want to wake up to an absolutely cool haircut, with a new contact number, memory loss will do, a colourful room full of mirrors and silver tiny cow bells and fairy lights, a new name maybe? Oh, have I told you I'v always wanted this mysterious sounding Indian name my mom and dad obviously couldn't name me after? Bleh. Anyway. I WANT TO WAKE UP IN A NEW COUNTRY. And then, spend atleast a month or two lazing around spending time and money on food and self. Like a boss.

I want too much.

The other day, I was talking to Kay about how I want to go back to those times when we used to listen to cassettes. Does anybody remember these things? Dear snobs, they looked like this, you know.

I plan way too many things in my head. It's taking a toll on my real life. :S

Anyway. All that apart, I have been listening to some real awesome Bollywood music from the 90's. You know, Darr, Gupt, Monsoon Wedding, Mohra, Vishwatma, Stereo Nation and all that? I LOVE THESE TRACKS. Anybody?

I'v grown up listening to these tracks while in the babysitting. We kids at the babysitter's thought Bobby Deol was the hottest human walking the Earth. I'm sorry, I wasn't a cool kid like most of you guys who grew up reading Harry Potter and what not shit. Kthanxbai.



OMGLOL. My playlist is pure love. *hearts*

22 cows believe I'm awesome. Do you?:

Saf ♥ said...

I listen to the same thing! 90's Bollywood music is THE best! x

Tripthi Battapadi said...

Cassettes were awesome! :D
And 90's music..With the dance videos ofcourse!
OMGOMGOMG!!

Shreya. said...

YOU must check your mail. :)

Peachy said...

I live in my head.
So, I'm a Unicorn :D

Raey said...

Thank god I'm not the only one who still likes 90's B'wood music. Grew up dancing to 'Saath samundar par' from vishwatma. I think its cool that we were uncool :)

Shreya. said...

@peachyyy Why so? :O

@Raey OHMYGOODLORD! That track plays onloop for like hours at my place. B)

quartertoinsane said...

aahhhh... da gud old days...
oi u still gt a cassette player?

Curlz~ said...

I feel ancient.

Shreya. said...

@quartertoinsane I'm sure you do. At the Kabaadiwalah. :/

@Blessed, Ancient in cool.

Unknown said...

I WANTS UR PLAYLIST
KTHNXBI

Shreya. said...

TAKE!

Eeshie said...

Whoa. That first picture kiiiiinda creeped me out.

Karishma said...

MOM! I'M ON 'SUCH A COW'. *JUMPS UP AND DOWN WITH GLEEEEEE*
I told you about cassetes and walkmans. Not the other way round. Fooooool! :D
And you're listening to Monsoon Wedding songs? *Happy tears* *Dreams on Rajat kapoor* *Throws shirtless Bobby Deol on you*

YOUkthnxbai. >.<

Mystique said...

Please note: You do have an awesome haircut. Also, fairy lights can be arranged soon. ^-^

Yggdrasil said...

The Gupt waali tune is actually haunting ! Keeps on playing like a never ending tape.

Shreya. said...

@Kay :@ Rajat Sharma, you mean? xP

@Mystique Hair grows ya! Mine has. I'm going to go chop chop chop soon.
Also, I KNOW your room haz fairy lights. *creepy smile*

@Burzum Hai nah? o.O

Yggdrasil said...

Darr as well.
Kkkkkkiran is legend-darry !

Wo zamaana hi alag tha. AAjkal ke bacchon ko ye sab kahaan pata hota hai. :p

Ananya said...

I like only a selected few of the 90s bollywood music.
And yes, I grew up reading Harry Potter. xD

*orange plum* said...

90s Bollywood ANDDDD Indipop.<3 <3 <3 Ohh... Being 20 is overrated man! :P

Prutha Raithatha said...

hehe..i totally owned stereo nation, gupt and monsson wedding..i think i still the 1st and 3rd one... and bally sagoo's first album!!! that is art man!!! that entire albumbefore all this hitty remixes flooded our ear drums!!

Shreya. said...

@Burzum What? I am a part of the kiddo generation right now. =P

@Ananya Cool kid, you. xP

@Orange plum Indipop is awezzzome!

@Prutha Finally. FINALLY someone here knows who / what Stereo Nation was. :')

Yggdrasil said...

Yeah I know. I was talking about SRK ki Darr movie.

By 'bacche', I meant people who're still in school, etc. You don't seem to qualify. :p