Sunday, December 5, 2010

All in 95 minutes.



It's a Sunday! I wanted to act all celebrity like and spend it the way they do. Grand breakfast, grander lunch, meet imaginary people, watch a couple of movies and spend the evening sitting by the balcony, giggling away to glory with my girlfriends before finally going to bed early.

My foot. I am no celebrity. I live in a city where Sundays are a pain. Because? Saturdays and Mondays aren't half as awesome.

The only thing I could afford to do of all them above things was, to watch a decent movie.

I downloaded this movie thrice because it kept boowoo-ing me in the face. My internet felt raped, certainly, but it's very okay. I finally did manage to watch (500) Days of Summer. And, I have nothing to say. I can only sit back and smile :) Watched it? No? Die. Yes? I like you.

I get what Summer meant. I feel for her.

My workplace is cool :] Colourful, ancient and talkative!

It's December. And I can feel myself getting all senti already about the year coming to an end. Mostly because the year has been a little too awesome to handle :'] I'v met / come across the awesome most people, awesome things have happened to me (That's what she said :P), I'v spoken my mind out to myself about the bestest things ever, I'v watched the most amazing movies ever, and, my I feel lucky, mostly because my internet has been kind in allowing me to rape it every month by downloading so much. True story.

Simple uncomplicated life.

(Kindly ignore the fact that academically I have grown lazier over the year. That's only between you and me and nobody else.)

Sigh. It's been perfect. I even found the perfect loverboy for me. One from each of those movies I'v watched. I am filmy like that.

Tom: What happens when you fall in love?
Summer: You believe in that?
Tom: It's love, it's not Santa Claus.
...
Summer: There's no such thing as love, it's fantasy...

16 cows believe I'm awesome. Do you?:

The Great Brown Experiment said...

I can't wait to have the Sunday we all seem to crave for but hardly end up having

Tripthi Battapadi said...

nice post. :)

quartertoinsane said...

can u really have dat filmy sunday?

subbulakshmistoned said...

Your eccentricity is mind numbing & that's saying something. LOVE this post. I loved the movie too. And the way it is shot. Summer is such a lovely name, innit?

Shreya. said...

@quartertosane if we try, maybe?

@subhalakshmistoned ... thankoooo :D

Ananya said...

December's my fav month. :)
And I watched 500days of summer. Don't kill me, but I found it weird. Like, 'what the hell was that' kind of weird.
:/

bollywoodstylediaries said...

had those sundays - not the meeting imaginary people part:-) want them back!!

Soumya said...

That movie kinda changed my life :)

Love is always a fantasy though..

S said...

And what's with 95 minutes?
:)

Simple, uncomplicated life heard somebody claiming that after very long.. hope you have an even better year :)

Shreya. said...

@Ananya ... I'm sure you dont have a simple mind that has a thing for twisted endings xP

@BollystyleD ... ah :) Cut people out, and I'm in for one such thing.

@soumya :)

@S ... that was the duration of the movie :)

Avinash Shahri said...

"There was something about Summer.."

(Need I say something more?)

FashionPhD said...

that is an awesome movie and you write really well!

FashionPhD said...

btw i read you liked nick and norahs infinite playlist. you should watch Easy A

Manasi Parikh said...

what.are.the.odds. i watched the same movie on sunday too. and dozed off midway :P

Goddess of Nonsense said...

But there is such a thing as love. Well, there should be. Or else we're all dying love-less and item-less. *sighs dramatically*

Listen, you met me this year? I want to be in that list, okay? Purple shiny sparkly ink.

Also, I'm still sitting in office like a loser, so I will leave.

Dreamcatcher said...

you n your fabulous blog just won an award at my little place! go grab it! =]