Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I love my umbrella. Do you love yours?


It's pouring outside and my big red umbrella is asleep...

I was in an empty train this morning, real early. My headphones were plugged in. There wasn't any music playing. I was secretly and very very shamelessly listening to these two junior college girls discuss their boyfriend problems. About half an hour later the serious discussion ends. They look at the station outside. And, like someone remote-controlled them, out of nowhere, both them girls start acting lesbian. Nibbling at each other's ears, giggling, murmuring sweet nothings and all that jazz? I am no homophobe, but I have a thing against PDA. Cheap PDA that too. Scandalized I was first thing in the morning. But wasted that I am, I sat through their session while all other aunties ran in this and that direction :P

The only reason I listen to music, and maybe sometimes talk about it, is because am totally awed by the ease with which these people come up with lyrics. Isn't it strange? Some of them are just beautiful. Beautiful. I wonder how...I wonder why...Yesterday you told me about the blue blue sky...

Only I want people and I want things when I listen to such beautiful tracks. I want.

Right now, I think life is all set and sorted out! Nothing to do, nothing to undo. The joy! it's almost like every night when I crash, the exhaustion and the unintelligent-cy feeling takes a backseat.

The unintelligent feeling comes back when I'm in Sociology class :/

I wish I could read minds...Nothing else, but for me to read minds. Read the mind of someone miles and miles and miles away from me.I really wish to. Maybe for a day or two? I want to be God. Maybe for a day or two...I want to be 'the chosen one'...

10 cows believe I'm awesome. Do you?:

Tanvi said...

Stumbled here via Bollystylediaries. Like your post. Words seems to be just flowing ... mostly I read two lines and move on ... 'coz the writer doesn't manage to hold my attention! But you did ... Just my way of saying, I liked it! Will drop by again :)

oRange* said...

I hate umbrellas. Ugly they are. But my hair loves so what to do :(

Ooh, what eavesdropping tactics! Even I do the same. Some entertainment in the train ya!

Shreya. said...

@Tanvi, sure do drop by again :) my pleasure!

@oRange...expected from us :P

quartertoinsane said...

I thought dat trick only workd in the TV... :/... I'll be careful near headfones next time...

Shreya. said...

with people like me around, you shouldn't assume things :D

sulagna said...

ohh i ahve another fave trick, i keep my sunglasses on and look at people, especially shoes :)

mind reading..umm, i cant at least figure out when someone is smiling over a conversation on phone :)

eternalthinker said...

I wish I could read mind too :/
A mind or twoo..?

Parinita said...

That is just bizarre behaviour no? I don't like PDA either. It makes me sound all loserish but I don't :/ Another brilliant eavesdropping tactic? Pretend you're reading/sending texts. I did love nice big purple polka dotted umbrella but now it's broken so I don't love it so much.

Shreya. said...

the texting thing works...but why waste your phones battery? :P

trust me, i'v tried all methods out and the best is the headphone one :P

Shreya. said...

@sulagna ... glasses...hmmmm....just that i am an anti-glare person :P

@uncommon woman, thanks a lot :) hang around here! it'll rain awesomeness :P

@et... yes yes i wish for the same :/