Monday, March 29, 2010

I could hop inside the magic lamp and grant you wishes.


I need a break. I need a cottage. I need the colour green. I need the sound of water. I need tiny mirrors and silver bells all around me. I need a good book. I need dead music. If a song doesn't soothe me down, it is not a song to me. I need it to be gloomy. I need gray skies overhead. I need life to simply slow down, take it easy. I need myself to count every breath I breathe. I need the soft sound of anklets. I need the clattering of vessels in the grandmother's kitchen. I need colourful cotton saree's wavering in the air on a string. I need a courtyard. I need summer. I need rain. I need another Me for company.


I was a little kid running around the empty place. Today, I do not remember how it looked. I only remember I was petrified. I hated every moment I was there. I wanted to rush back to the wild big bad city. Rush back to ugly hollow pseudo intellectuals. I admit. I regret. The empty house with rooms emptied of people is one thing I desperately crave for right now. Devouring the silence of evenings and mornings while the burning charcoal stings my eyes, I wish to neatly pack away the deafening noise of the place I claim to love and drift away to a place I claim to miss the most...

6 cows believe I'm awesome. Do you?:

Vintage Obsession said...

Nice :) really impressed :)
well about the good book :Good Night And God Bless.by Anita Nair.
for some strange reason i have been asking everybody to read this .I fell in love with the style of writing:)
P.S i also wish every day that life could really slow and absolutely chilled .sigh!!

Anonymous said...

i like ur style. short sentences n still awesomely uh... effective.
2 candies from me (:

Sameera said...

"I need another me for company...!" LOL!

Goddess of Nonsense said...

*stares wide eyed*
One impressive blogpost this bees!

el_idioto said...

where is this magic lamp.. givin so many wishes... i want one tooooo

http://theparanormalguy.blogspot.com/

Mihir said...

I absolutely love this post. Can totally relate to it. :)